[Healeys] Tach question

Fred Wescoe fredwescoe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 09:05:34 MST 2020

Listers,

A few days ago, on one of the lists, there was discussion of a 66 BJ8
electronic tach that was not reading correctly after installing a Pertronix
ignition setup.  I just installed the Pertronix (points conversion) system
and coil and now the tach does not read correctly.  The comments mentioned
that tachs had to be rebuilt specifically for the pertonics conversion.
Several places that repair/rebuild/calibrate our Smiths tachometer with the
Pertronix ignition system were recommended.  As I put the car away for
winter, I would like to get the tach repaired/rebuilt/calibrated.  I have
lost those comments and therefore the links to those repair sources.  Can
anyone refer me to those services?

Thanks as always for the comments and wisdom,

Fred
66 BJ8