[Healeys] GR8 engine will not turn over after a good run

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Nov 27 07:38:44 MST 2020

Charge the battery!!! and check the dynamo/alternator for its proper
functioning. Also check the starter relay and the earth strap connections.

212F (boiling point water) is way to high to see on the temperature
gauge under normal conditions, not to mention 230F. It should be well
below 190F0-200F depending on your thermostat. It would be wise to check
the gauge for accuracy. It may be faulty as you do not mention any
boiling.The actual boiling point of the coolant is higher because the
anti-freeze/anti corrosion additives and also because of the pressure in
the cooling system.

Kees Oudesluijs