[Healeys] re-installing gear box--BJ8

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 21 21:59:28 MST 2020

Tom:  Is it hanging up on the firewall?  The gear box needs to be rotated clockwise enough so the "bump" on the bell housing where the starter pinion goes clears the firewall.  And the whole engine/transmission alignment must be perfect.  If you have done that, then my next guess would be a damaged pilot bush.  .

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
        221,444 miles