[Healeys] Demister Hose Restoration

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Sun Nov 8 04:42:04 MST 2020

Alan Seigrist wrote:
> Does anyone have a good method for bonding the paper on the demister
> hoses?  I?m assuming I can just use brown paper from a shopping bag but
> would like some advise as to what sort of wet adhesive to use.

You could try rubber cement, which should be flexible but would be a bear to align as you roll the paper; once rubber cement touches itself, it'll stick. As for paper, I have some brown painter's paper in a long roll from the local home center. It is meant to take the paint and not bleed through. That might be useful with glue. I'd do a test run of the materials before applying it to the real thing.

Kent McLean
1956 100 BN2