[Healeys] clutch problems

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sun May 31 17:01:00 MDT 2020

Hello

I would echo Mike’s advice not to hone the cylinders as that removes the hardened surface of the bore.

In both the BN3 and the Healey saloon I had all the cylinders fitted with stainless steel sleeves. The BN3 has a BN1 brake master cylinder, a DHMC specially built hydraulic clutch system with wheel cylinders made from unobtainium, while the Saloon has hydraulic Lockheed brakes and mechanical clutch.

Apart from rubbers going soft, which is probably the problem with your clutch, there has been no problems at all.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia