[Healeys] Distributor to spark plug lead continuity

Gil Rockwell gilrockwell at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:49:11 MDT 2020

Hi Lin,

These are resistance wires to suppress ignition "noise" and that reading is
fine, around 800 ohms, based on the fact you're using the continuity scale.
Check the old one, it should be similar assuming the new connector pierced
the insulation and into the core.

The only wires that will register a low resistance reading are solid core,
copper conductor wires, which cause extreme static in the radio in the car
and the cars around you, which is why manufacturers switched to the
resistance or "suppression" wires.

Gil