[Healeys] Distributor to spark plug lead continuity

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu May 21 09:07:42 MDT 2020

First, why on earth did you have a spark plug lead on a radiator cap???
(presume you meant 'distributor' cap?)

It looks like you have your multimeter set to diode test (maybe that's
how continuity works on your MM?).  The reading is probably ohms,
indicating a very low resistance circuit, but to be sure turn the MM
control knob one click clockwise, to the 200 ohm range ('200 omega').
It'll probably give the same reading; i.e. .792 ohms, which is about
what you'd expect from a short stranded copper wire lead (IIRC, one ohm
per foot of cable is considered normal, even copper has some resistance).

Bob