[Healeys] BMC Fasteners Descriptions

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Wed May 20 21:30:51 MDT 2020

Like many of you I been following the directives of our health officials and
staying home with a lot of time on my hands. Fortunately I have an Austin
Healey in a 1000 pieces to occupy my idle hands. I was continually looking
up fastener descriptions from the Service Parts List and decided to develop
an Excel spreadsheet that could be used to translate the BMC part number
into a description that would work on an iPad. I sent a beta version to a
few Healey Guru's and got some good suggestions on improvements. Thank-you
for your input.

This spreadsheet will work for almost all of the fastener part numbers
(nuts, bolts, washers and screws) listed in the Anderson and Moment book
plus a few more. Unfortunately it doesn't work for some of the specialty
fasteners and the BA and BSW fasteners. If someone has an accurate list of
the specialty fasteners they want to send to me I will add them.

If using on an iPad I suggest Google Sheets.

I know there are paper versions of the parts numbers but I found taking the
iPad to the garage was a better solution. This spreadsheet has fastener
listing from several different paper lists in one place.

I hope this is helpful to others restoring their Healey.

Harold