[Healeys] The Saturday Night Rant - Part III Knock offs

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sun May 10 11:45:38 MDT 2020

OK, I got the message.  First of all because I converted from drum to 3000 disc brakes the hub extensions are different between front and back.  I doubt this makes a difference in mounting the wire wheel.  Late last night I went out to the garage and got out the big lead hammer I bought recently to get the knockoffs loose on my MGB GT.  I beat the Healey knockoffs a lot harder this time.  The wire wheel hub tightened up and showed no movement.  Apparently using a plastic dead blow hammer was not enough.Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 9:09 AM, Michael Salter<michaelsalter at gmail.com> wrote:   Correct Perry but at one time there was a combination of hubs, splines and nuts which really didn't work so, when the nut was fully tightened and bottomed out on the thread the wheel wasn't clamped between the inner taper and the taper inside the nut .... a tad frustrating....