[Healeys] Engine stand

Bluehealey bluehealey at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 15:49:49 MDT 2020

Hi Simon.
Yes it will be but don’t mount the engine to the stand at the back of the block. Make a plate to fit the engine mount on the exhaust side and weld it to suitable short stand-offs to allow it to be bolted to the face plate of the stand.
With side mounting the cantilever is quite short. Mounting on the exhaust side will allow ancillaries to be fitted easily on the tapper/dizzy side.

If you want to be clever adjust the relationship of the engine mount to the face plate to try and get close to centre of balance. It will have an offset upward and backward of a few inches.
Good luck.
Alan - from my iPad