[Healeys] 3000 mk3 phase2

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Wed Mar 4 22:30:32 MST 2020

I’ve fitted a 3:54 and a 28%. I wrote an article for our club mag at the time. I’ll spare you that, but here are the figures. I don’t claim the maths to be my own.

Our police will usually turn a blind eye to speeds of +/- 85 mph on our “Motorways”. Conditions permitting. Anything much more and they can get a bit ratty. I did put my foot down once and left it there. The clock said about 120 and rising when I lifted off. Pretty pointless exercise. Car felt OK and the revs, as you’d expect from the tables, were nothing special.

Simon