[Healeys] BN1 rear brake adjuster

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:58:39 MDT 2020

While disassembling the rear brakes of the BN1 that I'm restoring I noticed
that 1 of the brake adjuster followers (not sure that's the correct name)
appeared to be hand made. Fortunately I had a spare so replaced it.
Now, I  have discovered that my replacement is incorrect.
Only in the spiral- bevel type rear brake are these followers pairs,  i.e.
not identical, and my replacement is incorrect.
If you look at the at the attached pics you will note that when looking
down the  axis of these followers when they are placed with their angle cut
end on a flat surface, the slot for the shoe slopes upper left to lower
right.
This indicates that these 2 followers are the same i.e. not a pair.
Before I start trying to make a replacement, which I  can imagine will be a
very time consuming process considering that they are hardened, does anyone
have one that I can purchase?
Thanks,