[Healeys] SU carb fuel pressure

richard mayor boyracer466 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 14:28:09 MDT 2020

Not sure if this information will help,  but I had some Sprite racer
friends that were anal about having everything look good.  So they
aligned/oriented the float chamber tops about 90 degrees away from the
factory orientation because they thought it looked better.   As I  recall,
this realignment put the float arms in line with the cars front to back
orientation. This made the floats and float arms react by pivoting in
response to hard braking and/or acceleration and either causing fuel
starvation or flooding.  I don't recall which.  My point being that
apparently float arm orientation can cause some issues.