[Healeys] SU carb fuel pressure

Perry healeyguy at aol.com
Sun Jun 14 11:27:42 MDT 2020

Gary
I looked through my info and I could not find guidance as to the max pressure for the float chamber valve to stay seated. That is the only place that the pressure should or would matter. The fuel bowl is not pressurized so the carb jet flow is determined by fuel level in the bowl and velocity of the air flow passed the jet.  The float pushes the needle against the seat and I’m concluding that has to be higher than the max fuel pressure made by the fuel pump, as Kees mentioned, 3.8 PSI. I was about to try and figure the size of the float, leverage of the float arm, etc in order to calculate the pressure at the needle and seat but a little voice suggested that I not venture down that path….
Perry

Sent from Mail for Windows 10