[Healeys] Brakes

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Fri Jun 12 21:26:39 MDT 2020

I’ve had the VH44 servo for a long time, and I use Dot 5 fluid.
With all the different arguments about whether Dot 5 is a good idea, I always decided that it was the right solution for me.
I have a firm pedal…no water absorption, and especially no paint removal.
BUT - if the servo began to leak and the fluid was drawn into the manifold, then that would serious. Silicone fluid reduced by high heat is abrasive (sand!) and very bad for the bores.
I won’t give up the Dot 5 , so I gave up my servo. I did change the master cylinder bore size.
I know this may stir some controversy, but it wasn’t a decision made lightly, or quickly.

Stephen, BJ8