[Healeys] Tuesday Rant

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Wed Jul 8 02:34:06 MDT 2020

 OK, disregard my previous rant.  How did I know the pin vise was so well machined that the head of the screw would disappear below the top surface making the screw flush with the top of the assembly.  Thereby, making just enough of the bottom of the screw protrude into the hole for the wire yoke and clamp it in place.  That is some fine machining there.  Apparently my eyes are not what they used to be.  Maybe I am just so accustomed to the parts we get for these cars are not as well made as "back in the day."  Kudos to Burlen.  I am so accustomed to having to make parts work or modify them to fit I never expected such quality.  My bad, as they say.  Well, that's it until the next rant.Mike MacLean