[Healeys] Fwd: HD8 dashpot damper part #s

Perry healeyguy at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 11:25:19 MDT 2020

 The carbs I have on hand have the most common, and perhaps the correct piston rod  AUC8112.  Also found AUC8114.  My factory 3000/BJ8 parts book covering the HD8 carbs has conveniently disappeared for the moment so I can not verify what part the factory called for.  The weight of the piston body (very small weight at the end of the damper rod) should not have a bearing on the operation as it can only move vertically 1/16 inch and is otherwise fixed in place. I checked the diameter of the piston body on several and they all appear to be the same. The diameter would seem to be much more important for proper carb operation.
I had asked the SU dealer in England for guidance for use of the different numbered parts but have not heard back, thus this convoluted email to the list.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10