[Healeys] Steering Box Questions

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Sat Jan 25 19:41:21 MST 2020

This stuff (NGLI 00) is a Polyurea based grease. It has the characteristic of clinging to moving parts, but is highly cohesive  and and resistant to flow. There are some videos on line that show it working in open or poorly sealed gear boxes with no tendency to shear from the gears or to leak from the gear box or through the seals.

I've had a problem sealing the layers of the shim pack on the front of my steering box. Even Penrite seems to go right through them. I bought some of the NGLI 00 from NAPA and I'm using it in my steering box and on my wheel splines. so far so good.

Bill Lawrence
BN1 #554