[Healeys] Steering Box Questions

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jan 25 18:16:49 MST 2020

It can be nigh impossible to get a puller on the pitman arm, but if you
can get the bolts out you can turn the box out 90deg and get to it from
the 'side.'  I sacrificed a cheap, long slotted screwdriver and bent the
very tip to improvise a puller.  I ground the tips of couple eighth-inch
dia. steel rods to make a long, flat blades to tap the new seal in.
It's a bear, but it can be done.

I agree with Michael on (not) using grease.

Bob