[Healeys] Tie Rod End Slotted Nuts

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Sat Jan 4 11:17:58 MST 2020

Charles,

It looks like you have a Unicorn. I checked a machinery handbook and these
were the closest I could find which you probably already know:

7/16" x 14 TPI UNC American National Standard
11mm x 1.50 International Metric
7/16" x 14 TPI British Standard Whitworth

We can eliminate British Standard Fine as the diameter is too small to match
a pitch between 14 and 16. As Michael has suggested it may be a poor quality
reproduction trying to match one of these sizes. My machinery books list 7
different thread types and the three above are the closest match. I will
suggest finding a castellated nut to fit will be like finding an Albino
Unicorn.

It may be time for new tie rods.... Harold

  _____