[Healeys] Wheels/Tires

Bruce Peters rv9aplane at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 22:26:17 MST 2020

Hi all,
I’m getting closer to having to buy wheels and tires for my ‘67 BJ8. When I say closer I mean a year or so but I like to plan ahead. My car will not be concours correct or be entered in any car judging at shows. It’ll be a driver that won’t see any track time of any sort. That being said I’m wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on wheels and tires. I plan to put chrome wire wheels on. I don’t want Minilite’s. So, here are my questions:

1. Dunlop style(e.g. Moss) versus Dayton(e.g. Hendrix)?
2. Wheel size—15x4.5 60 spoke; 15x5 72 spoke; or 15x5.5 72 spoke?
3. Tire Brand?
4. Tire Size?

I’m not a bargain basement shopper so I’m willing to pay for the best combinations that make sense. I realize there’s a lot of personal preference so I hope I’m not gonna start a war with these questions!

Thanks everyone!
Bruce

Sent from my iPad