[Healeys] Ride height

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 12:22:35 MST 2020

Hi Michael,

If you actually think about it carefully ... if the front is level then the
back has to be level unless the whole car twists!!
To really know what is going on you have to a little diagnosis.
On V*ERY LEVEL GROUND* place a piece water pipe or similar on the saddle of
your jack then position it directly and accurately under the middle of the
front X member and lift the the front until the wheels just leave the
ground so that the car can freely rock left and right on the pipe.
Now measure the rear ride height ... measure the frame to ground distance
either side of the rear X member.

Now repeat that process with the jack under the diff drain plug and measure
the front.

Only by doing that can you properly assess which spring (or spring) has the
problem ...

BTW it will almost certainly be the left rear :-) and often swapping the
rears side to side often helps ... for a while...

My personal experience with "cold re-arching" has been a dismal failure but
maybe others have had better luck.