[Healeys] Facet Cube 12v Fuel Pump, 1/8 NPT, 2-3.5 psi | Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

Robert Begani rfbegani at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 21:25:16 MST 2020

Alan:

My sentiments exactly. While my BJ8 was not a daily driver, my concern was reliability so I was advised to change to the Facet Cube and was completely satisfied. It lasted many years, until it failed and a mechanic convinced me to change to an another pump which was readily available in all NAPPA stores so I could obtain it anywhere. Now I want to return to the Facet Cube. If I want to convince my wife to ride with me, I do not want to have to claw under the car with a mallet to keep it running.

For everyone’s information, I was active in a monthly group meeting of automotive parts exporter beginning in the 80’s and one of the members was the export manager for Facet.  He told me that he had introduced the cube to BMC and had an order to begin delivering it to them for the Austin-Healey when the announcement came that production would cease.

I kept the original pump for years, unfortunately, when it became lost in a move.  Maybe I will consider an electronic SU version, if the members of this group can convince me it is reliable.

Regards,

Bob Begani

BJ8