[Healeys] Fuel sender leak

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 31 18:15:28 MST 2020

John,

If you take the nuts and the heavy paper insulation off the screw,
you'll see the screw goes through a  white plastic sleeve that isolates
the screw from the body of the sending unit.  The sleeve also holds the
ground wire in place - there's a groove along the bottom of the hole in
the body that the ground wire sits in.  The sleeve provides the seal.
Don't twist the screw - the lead to the wound resistor is soldered to
the screw.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar