[Healeys] Seat Runners

m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 31 14:38:17 MST 2020

Simon, I did mine a few years back and although a bit tedious it is well
worth the effort.  I confirm Perry on the bolt size – ¼” – 28.  The hex
heads do have to be reduced in height.  I think it would be awkward to do
after they are spot welded back in, and I did mine before re-assembly.  I
actually used a hack saw and cut the heads down and then finished  them with
a file to get the saw marks out.  I would measure the height of the head on
the existing studs so you know what to aim for.   It is a labour-intensive
way to do it but there are not many of them.  Once you have it apart I would
send both parts of the runners (8 pieces if you are doing both seats) out to
get zinc plated, then they will really look good when you are done.  Mine
slide beautifully now. I replaced the wood and metal shimming beneath the
runners while I was at it as the wood was pretty punky.