[Healeys] A Christmas Story

john harper ah100tech at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 04:44:28 MST 2020

Michael

Just to add to this please see the attached Austin Service Journal.
Although it only gives the A70 chassis numbers we can be fairly
confident that the cut in date for the 100 is about the same because the
chassis numbers were allocated to both the A70 and the 100 as they
progressed down the production line at Longbridge.

Chassis numbers around 1483xx were built in November 1953. Austin Service
Journal dated February 15, 1954, is a typical delay from a modification
taking part on the line to publication

So it is reasonable to suggest that the rear plate change took place in or
around November 1953 to a car chassis number around 1483xx

Engines fitted to Austin 16 and early A70 had the three-hole plate where
the 3 hole starter was fitted but as you say before 100 productions started