[Healeys] Armstrong shock fluid level

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Aug 30 18:35:33 MDT 2020

I was told, I believe by Peter Caldwell, that they should be filled to
the seam between the shock body and the top cover. This makes sense,
since if the working parts--pistons, etc.--are submerged that is enough
fluid. Shocks can get warm, they need some head space for expansion.

I grabbed a bunch of skinny wooden coffee stirrers from an airport
kiosk; I use then as dip sticks to check the level.