[Healeys] LEDs should not be used for turn signal indicators?

Ron Fine ronfineesq at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 22 15:55:00 MDT 2020

I currently have a mix of LED and incandescent bulbs in my side marker lamps so my traditional flasher unit works fine with the current draw from the halogen bulbs.

I prefer the appearance of the original flasher can in the engine bay.  I would like to increase the brightness of the bulb behind the green lens in the dash but Moss warns against using an LED there.  I am trying to understand why.  That bulb is fed from one wire from the flasher that  goes no where else other than to ground.  I can’t figure out why an LED in that position would not work since the other halogen bulbs provide sufficient current draw for the flasher to work for the side marker or turn signal lights.  I can leave the existing halogen bulb there but I like to understand why things work or don’t.

Thanks,

Ron