[Healeys] Transmission / Overdrive or Clutch slippage

sentenac.rw at gmail.com sentenac.rw at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 22:26:50 MDT 2020

Lots of puzzling symptoms but your last sentence of your last
paragraph strongly suggests something electrical, such as that there
is some electrical connection to the overdrive solenoid even though it
is supposedly disconnected.  Possibly a malfunctioning relay?  the
overdrive isn't working as it should but it appears to be working as
it shouldn't.  Turning the ignition off 'resets' something, at least
temporarily.

-Roland

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 21:42:48 -0500, you wrote:

>Problem solved
momentarily. Now when engaging second gear, the RPMs drop a