[Healeys] Radio speakers

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Tue Aug 4 12:38:39 MDT 2020

Bob Brown wrote:
> I?ve been asked by a non-list BJ8 owner about radios and speakers for her car.
> I?ve located radios available from Moss but what do folks use for speakers and their placement?
> Yes I know radios are not necessary in a Healey but she is younger and what does a dad do.

If she is that young, Bluetooth from her smartphone to a powered speaker or to a small amp and speakers. Then she can play Pandora or Spotify or any music on her phone. No need to listen to a DJ spinning ads.

Powered speakers: I have one of these. I'm amazed at the sound, treble and bass, that comes from such a small device. Bluetooth connect your phone to it and you have great sound. Battery powered and portable. Use it in the car, use it on the deck, use it at work.
https://www.anker.com/products/variant/soundcore-bluetooth-speaker/A3102011 <https://www.anker.com/products/variant/soundcore-bluetooth-speaker/A3102011>

Or small bluetooth amp and speakers, if you want the hassle of installing them.
Amp. This was from a google search. I have no experience with this one; it's just an example. Small enough to fit anywhere.
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Mini-Amplifier/dp/B07W46QV5J/ <https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Mini-Amplifier/dp/B07W46QV5J/>

Speakers. Do you want to cut up your door cards to make an opening for speakers? If so, just about any speaker from Crutchfield should be good enough.