[Healeys] Drove the Healey today?!

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Wed Apr 22 19:20:37 MDT 2020

I see the lubricant debate continues unabated. My prediction is there will
be a cure for COVID-19 before there is a consensus on what is the best
lubricant to use in the engine, gear box and differential. I did some
research into the topic a year or so ago. The attached spreadsheet has a
summary for what was recommended 50 years ago compared to what is available
today. For the record this is what I use:

Engine - Castrol Classic XL 20W-50 (Note - Contains 800 ppm ZDDP)
Gearbox - Pennzoil GL-4 Manual Transmission oil 75W-90 (remember there is a
convention gear box in front of the OD gear oils unlike engine oils have
pressure additives)
Differential - Pennzoil GL-5 Axle and Gear Oil 80W-90

Let the debate continue!

Stay safe ... Harold

  _____