[Healeys] Fwd: [Frame] Sir Stirling Moss

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Mon Apr 6 03:11:06 MDT 2020

Just thought I'd try to track this down a bit.

Looking things up in Edwards' "Stirling Moss: The Authorised Biography"
which contains a list of "all" his races I can't find anything for 1959
that fits the bill.

He was at Riverside in the autumn of that year where he retired, Watkins
Glen (won) and Sebring (retired). In early 60 he was at Sebring again
and later in the year at Watkins Glen, Riverside and Laguna Seca.

Sorry not be able to be able to offer more information. There are
stories that I have come across in other contexts of him appearing
making virtually unannounced guest appearances. Perhaps this was one
such case. Recall that in those days drivers were much less restricted
on who they drove for and when than today.

Regards,

Peter

--

Dr. Peter Dzwig