[Healeys] fuel gage sending unit

Ron Fine ronfineesq at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 28 10:30:53 MDT 2019

Due to a leak around the fuel sending unit I needed to remove the unit and decided to replace it with a new one from Moss Motors.  The one I was removing was at least 12 years old but it did keep fairly accurate track of the fuel level.

The new one seemed to work OK for a few hundred miles, but now it does not move off the full mark until the tank is more than 50% empty.  I have carefully checked all the wires and grounding connections and everything looks clean and tight.  The gage swings from empty to full when powered up so I doubt the gage is the problem.

Any suggestions on what to look for now?  I have not removed the unit yet.

Are there any “better quality” sending units available on the market?

Thanks,
Ron Fine
61 BN7