[Healeys] Thoughts on my engine

Joseph Costa healey53 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 11:22:32 MDT 2019

Finally have the head off the engine.  I had oil in the water and the car
would over heat on a regular basis.  In 2011 I spun a bearing and the
engine was sleeved.  These have been there since the rebuild and not
before.
When you look at the top of the engine you will notice that the center
passenger side water galley has a plug.  Does this belong there?
#1 and #4 pistons are heavily carbonized, why?
The head is going to be magnifluxed and pressure tested.
I drove this car for 13 years without a problem till the bearing spun,
totally frustrated right now.  Time for a beer.

Joe
BN1 #923 Coronet cream