[Healeys] Steering wheel repair

John Spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 21 23:37:19 MDT 2019

The steering wheels are some type of plastic molded over a steel hoop. In
the process of my Healeys' restoration, I kept my original cracked steering
wheel stored in a bag. When I removed it to assess how to restore it, the
outer hoop literally disintegrated and turned to dust in my hands. My
opinion is a cracked steering wheel, even if repaired, is dangerous because
the interior steel hoop can continue to corrode and fall apart at any time.

Regards,

John Spaur