[Healeys] Kneebone connected to the ....

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sat Nov 23 02:48:03 MST 2019

Hello

Currently there is a BN2 sharing garage space in my barn with the BN3 and
the Healey Duncan.

Normally I can work through problems with the relatively simple auto
electrical systems fitted to our Healeys and Austin-Healeys, but this one
has me stumped.

The indicators of the BN2 refuse to work so I have been head down, tail up
trying to work it out. The RHD car is negative earth and apart from a modern
plastic cased flasher can it's quite standard.

Now this is curious. Turn on ignition and everything is fine with the fuel
gauge reading half full. Switch on the left indicator which doesn't work,
but the fuel gauge needle drops to empty. Turn off indicator and after a
second the fuel gauge needle goes back to half. Turn on right indicator and
the same happens. I'm concerned that the smoke is going to escape!

No amount of looking at the wiring diagram gives me a clue

Any suggestions?

Hoo Roo

Patrick

Blue Mountains, Australia