[Healeys] Carburetor Heat Shield BT7 Mk1

John Spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 11 23:38:28 MST 2019

Asbestos is not a great insulator as people might think. Once it heats up,
it stays hot. The shields can be restored it they are in good shape. They
can be painted with a high temperature white paint that is available at auto
parts stores. Asbestos is a danger only if it is friable (emitting dust).
Painting the heat shields encapsulates the asbestos. This is a common
remedial method that is used in construction when asbestos is found and not
abated.

John Spaur

'62 BT7 with original heat shields.