[Healeys] Ignition Circuit

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sun May 26 14:44:39 MDT 2019

I do not think the generator will deliver more than about 25-30A at high
revs. on a good day. A period alternator will give you 32-36A at
moderate revs.

The fan will normally only be switched on in dense traffic at low speed,
when a generator is not producing many amps. An alternator would do
slightly better.

Both an alternator would deliver sufficiently and a generator better
than that at normal speeds unless there are other accessories drawing a
lot of power: e.g. head lights, spotlights, heater fan, windscreen
wipers, modern high power radio, AC etc.

Kees Oudesluijs