[Healeys] Aluminum Fuel Tank

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Sat May 11 17:05:15 MDT 2019

Michael MacLean wrote:
> Also, I was given an original gas cap in pretty good shape.? I would love to use it except for the fact the gasket inside is in pretty bad shape.? I can already smell the gas fumes in the future.? None of the usual suspects have replacement gasket seals.? Has anyone made one before?? What material did you use?

I watched a recent episode of Wheeler Dealers where they reconditioned a VW Squareback. For the valve covers and oil strainer cover they used silicone gaskets.  I’d give silicone a try.  Google “silicone gasket sheets”. Here’s one link:
http://www.allsealsinc.com/commercial-grade-silicone.html
I think an Xacto knife or even a scissors would cut it.

-
Kent McLean; no matter how you spell it, all MacLeans come from the Isle of Mull
’56 100 BN2