[Healeys] Aluminum Fuel Tank

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Fri May 10 23:15:26 MDT 2019

I am trying to fit the fuel tank into my BN2.  The tank was made by an Ebay seller called Angelheartpancho.  He is actually local to the San Diego area, so I had him make me a 100-4 gas tank in aluminum for a fraction of the one Moss sells..  I recently obtained two tank retaining straps from Kilmartin in Australia.  I don't know if the straps are too short or the tank is too big. I have tried bending them to shape, but one side just won't go into the hole at the rear.  Too short!  Can someone give me the measurements of their 100-4 gas tank?  I'd like to compare.  Also, I was given an original gas cap in pretty good shape.  I would love to use it except for the fact the gasket inside is in pretty bad shape.  I can already smell the gas fumes in the future.  None of the usual suspects have replacement gasket seals.  Has anyone made one before?  What material did you use?Mike MacLean