[Healeys] Corrosion on Clutch Master

Michael Salter michael.salter at gmail.com
Thu May 2 17:39:25 MDT 2019

Hi Price you don't mention whether the corrosion is in the bore or on the
outside.
Corrosion on the outside is usually as indication that there is a small
leak of brake fluid.  On aluminum cylinders it produces a crusty white
deposit which is usually easily cleaned off. The leak will be under the
corrosion.
Corrosion in the bore is not so good but can often be corrected by
rebuilding the cylinder.
NEVER hone aluminum cylinder bores ... the cylinder will be irreparably
damaged.