[Healeys] Birthday Greetings

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 15 15:20:57 MDT 2019

Perry, Bob, et al:    I have owned 15 vehicles in my lifetime, none of which had a name.  I can't even say that I ever called any of them names.  That included a 1932 Plymouth three window coupe that I put a V8 in (first car), a 1941 Cadillac Fleetwood Continental, a Renault Dauphine that I drove for four years while stationed in France (loved it on those French two lane roads), a 1962 MG Midget (Christmas present from Mrs. H.), a Morris Mini, and a 1980 Chevrolet van (dual fuel, gasoline/propane) that had 136,000 + miles on it when purchased.  We modified it a bit as a camper and drove to Alaska and back.  Those and the others were very satisfactory transportation filling our needs at the time.  But - The Healey does have a name.  Wife, Marge, named it "The 1st Mrs. Hartnett".  She claims that I pay more attention the car than I do to her.  It would not be in the best interest of a happy marriage to argue with her about it.  I just try to keep it in balance.

And I will be participating in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Old Sacramento with the United British Sports Car Club tomorrow.

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031