[Healeys] Hub Nut

rrengineer.mike rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue Jun 25 00:29:30 MDT 2019

I am putting the hubs on rebuilt rear axle.  I went back in the archives to find out the torque settings for the hub nut and conical locking nuts.  As far as I can tell, it has been stated in the past that 70 ft lbs for both is adequate.  I have a tube wrench that is specifically for the hub nut at 2 13/64ths.  It was good enough to drive the bearing on up to the machined ledge.  When I tried to torque it down to 30 ft lbs it rolled off the nut before I could get the wrench to double "click".  Crap.  It's always something.  Nothing is easy on this car.Mike MacLeanSent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone