[Healeys] BN6 Tonneau Cover Fasteners

Neil McDonald nmcd10 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 14:05:44 MDT 2019

Thanks Jean. Interesting!

If you look at the Moss Motors parts parts manual it shows a rivet (64) is
used to attach the turn button. I guess the answer will be the size of the
attachment holes in the turn buttons/turnbuckles when they arrive.

If screws are used, do they have to go through to the steel or will the
trim backing board have enough strength to hold the tonneau? Probably not!

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 12:51 PM Jean Caron <
vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Neil,
>
> I do not quite understand what you are asking here but I have a BN6 and
> the tonneau cover is held at the front by a turnbuckle on the driver side
> and the passenger side> Each turnbuckle is secured to the dashtop by two
> screws and there is also a “Tenax “ fastener that holds the passenger side
> of the tonneau cover immediately next to the zipper very close to the
> rearview mirror. Nothing else holds the tonneau cover at the front. There
> are no rivets anywhere at the front.
>

> Jean

> Windows 10

Neil & Pam McDonald