[Healeys] Subject: Re: alum radiator swap

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Mon Jun 3 11:47:19 MDT 2019

In this I fully support what Kees said.
Absolute waste of money.

Josef Eckert

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [Healeys] Subject: Re: alum radiator swap
Datum: 2019-06-03T19:15:05+0200
Von: "Kees Oudesluijs" <coudesluijs at chello.nl>
An: "Michael MacLean" <rrengineer.mike at att.net>, "healeys at autox.team.net"
<healeys at autox.team.net>, "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn at tpg.com.au>

Expensive and an absolutely a waste of money. Cooling will suffer as it
does not transfer heat as well as water (the main ingredient of coolant)
and the heat capacity is lower. The only advantage is it will not boil but
it does not cool the engine as well as ordinary coolant.
Anyway, you should correct the source of overheating which is the only
proper way to go. Fighting the symptoms only is not going to work in the
end.

Kees Oudesluijs