[Healeys] Brake issue

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 06:20:03 MDT 2019

I finally got to take the car out yesterday evening and while all at first
seemed good after five or so miles of driving the brakes began to harden up
and became so bad that they almost brought the car to a stop even under
throttle.  I pulled over and after about 30 minutes the brakes released and
I crept back home.

At this point I am assuming nothing.  Other than perhaps by feel I don't
know how one can inspect a brake hose for internal collapse but I will go
over each component and probably rebuild or replace the MC on general
principle.  I am also going to replace the heat wrap that went around the
manifold which I removed when I first adjusted the brake actuating rod as
perhaps it was preventing the MC from overheating, etc.

Egg on my face....

Best--Michael Oritt