[Healeys] B Pillar Bolt Pattern

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Sat Jul 27 19:24:51 MDT 2019

I agree with Micheal. There are a lot of variables that affect the position of the striker and they all need to be reconciled before you cut into your new panels.

One thing I found is that the early cars had a different latching system and B-pillar design than the later ones. I don't know when the change was made, but the earlier latches seem to sit about a half inch outboard when compared to the later cars. That means the holes for the strikers on mine had to be considerably modified by the time I finally got the latches to function properly. Good thing all that is covered by the alloy finishers... which brings up another story.

Good luck with your build.

Bill Lawrence
BN1 #554