[Healeys] Anti Sway Bar Straps

Perry Small healeyguy at aol.com
Sat Jul 20 19:28:22 MDT 2019

Ok... enthralled by another guess the bolt game. Went to the garage and pulled out the BN 1 front frame section, cleaned the threads and iD’d the holes as 5/16 threads not 3/8.
Pulled one of the bolts on our BN2 and is a 5/16 -24. Hole on BN1 is courser (if there is such a word) so pulled out what I thought was a 1/4 Whitworth bolt (only indentified by the odd head size at 0.525 and it threaded in reasonably well. Other holes the same.
Since a 5/16 BSW has the same size head as the 1/4 Whitworth bolt in hand may have been a BSW.
Conclusion, either someone with too much time on his hands was running around with an old tap many years ago or that the subject threaded holes are definitely not 5/16 UNF.
I retreated from the garage to the house to resume enjoying the air conditioning. The east coast is roasting today.
Perry

Sent from my iPhone