[Healeys] Dual SU fuel pumps install info. needed

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Jul 17 06:14:27 MDT 2019

Just fit two pumps parallel with a two way switch or three position
switch: pump 1-all off-pump 2. Take the original fuel pump fee, connect
to the "in" of the switch and connect both pumps to the separate 2 "out"
of the switch.

Of course you can also use two separate on/off switches, one for each pump.

The pipe work is simple, line from tank to Y-piece, each branch to the
inlet of the pumps, Y-piece on both outlets of pump to sinle line of
carb feed. The valves in the pumps will prevent back flow. The pump is
originally probably SU AUF 301, now superseded by SU/Burlen AZX1308, so
you need two of those.

Do switch over regularly as these SU pumps hate being unused. Even brand
new pumps often require cleaning the points initially. If used regularly
they last for ages.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 17-7-2019 om 12:07 schreef mitch:

> Hello,
>
> I want to install dual SU fuel pumps on my 66 bj8……..I want to be able
> to flip a switch when one pump fails ……be able to switch to the other one.
>
> I need instructions and advice
>
> Thanks
>
> Mitchell

---
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com