[Healeys] Mind if I Rant?

S. Carr britfan1 at epix.net
Sat Jul 13 15:30:41 MDT 2019

I’m going to show this series of laments to the man who’s taken over the restoration of my BN1 from the previous shop (its owner died last year).  I had no idea, when I found the car in the local estate sale ads, what was hidden under four layers of paint and pounds of Bondo.  Now I know why there was no front splash pan on the car—it was obviously biffed in the nose at least once....  The new guy is a bit rusty on body work (his rod & custom days being long behind him) but we’re both frustrated that NOTHING seems to fit!  Thank heavens the previous shop finished all the structural repairs (the usual outriggers & outer sills).  The new lower nose repair panel from AH Spares doesn’t begin to suit an original splash pan I bought, and is wider than the existing nose.  Shop owner rants every time I phone or go see him.  Maybe knowing he’s got lots of company will be a bit comforting!
Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA